Ideas For Hair Colour
If you’re feeling like it’s time for a change, here’s our top tips on how to prepare yourself & what to expect! Take inspiration from some of our favourite in-salon & celebrity colour transformations and book your next colour appointment today…
Ask yourself “WHY?”
First on my list of tips for changing hair colour is plain and simple – ask yourself one very important question: “What are my expectations?” Are you hoping a new, hair colour will help you look younger? Have you always wanted to be a brunette, redhead, blonde? A radical change is a big step and the only way to make sure you’re really taking a step in the right direction is to spend some time trying to decide what is it that YOU want your new colour to do for you.
Find The Perfect Shade
Look at your skin tone (without make-up OR fake tan) and ask yourself, will you need to drastically alter your make-up routine to accommodate your new look? It may sound dramatic, but visiting a wig shop to try all shades of your desired colour could make or break your decision! It works better than online makeover apps and won’t leave much room for doubt… seeing is believing! Your stylist here at Di Milo will also help you answer any questions you may have..
Ask The Professionals!
Like anything else in life: communication is key, and this is no different when it comes to your hair appointment! Have some images of your desired colour to show your stylist & here are some key questions which you should both touch on during your consultation:
- What colour system does your salon use & are the relevant maintenance products (shampoo, conditioner, treatments) available in-salon?
- Do you think my hair is healthy enough to withstand this chemical process?
- Does the colour I want require bleach? If the answer to this is “yes,” you may consider another colour as bleach can be harsher on the hair.
- Is it possible to achieve the colour I want without the use of permanent dye?
- How often will my new shade need to be touched-up?
- How much will your service cost? Are there any deals or training classes available?
- What treatments are recommended to help maintain my new shade & the general condition of my hair?
Be Patient & Realistic
To go from a dark to light hair colour, you need to allow time for a proper transition. Rome wasn’t built in a day – and your transformation may take longer too! It takes up to 36 hours to close the cuticle so plan on lightening (at most) every few days.
Depending on the type of dye used & how many levels you have climbed up the colour chart, you may experience differences in elasticity, curl pattern, and overall manageability. This varies greatly- some may have no problems at all & others find it far more challenging. A good barometer is to think about your hair’s history. If you’re already prone to excessive dryness/breakage without colour, you may find this a bigger issue after lightening your hair.
Treat Your New Shade
As we just said, this is exactly why treatments are so important! Whether you decide to treat yourself on your next visit to Di Milo or are taking time out for yourself at home its so important to keep your hair nourished & moisturised.
Book your FREE colour consultation at our Wella colour bar today on: 012180872 or view our pricelists & SPECIAL OFFERS here…